Re: list building

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: list building
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:38:26 +0100

   From: Viktor Pavlenko <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:23:37 -0500

   Being very excited with Scheme I wish I had studied CS instead of
   chemistry when I was younger...

it is probably better that you have exposure to something "real" (as
real as p orbitals can get, i suppose) before diving into the realm of
pure ego.  most computer scientists don't do science.  likewse most
computer engineers don't do engineering.  the distractions are many.

   What other texts would be useful to read (without being bogged in
   math) to understand some more difficult aspects of Scheme (macros,
   continuations) better?

all this depends on your learning process.  i suggest writing your own
howto docs by running an interpreter in an emacs buffer and periodically
saving the session to a file (add comments as necessary).  at the very
deepest levels of my todo stack is an emacs lisp tutorial composed in
this manner -- it was fun (and will be again once i get all this guile
related stuff popped).

thi