Re: Guile + pthreads + reentrancy?

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Guile + pthreads + reentrancy?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:44:18 -0500

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> Current CVS HEAD have full pthreads support, which should make you
> able to remove the message queue and access Guile directly from each
> thread.

Each thread which has been spawned by scm_spawn_thread, that is.

scm_spawn_thread calls pthread_create and sets up Guile things.  If,
for some reason, you need to create the pthread yourself and want to
later make it able to use Guile, that could be arranged.  Please tell
me and I'll add this to the API (this is on the TODO list).