updated broken links on guile project pages

From: Thomas Kappler
Subject: updated broken links on guile project pages
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:10:25 +0100

Hello,

from the projects page [1]: "To contribute, ask for instructions on the
guile-user mailing list." So I do:

Recently I looked around on the guile website [1] and found that many of
the projects on the projects page [2] don't exist anymore or have moved.
I hunted down a few of them in which I was interested, googling and
mailing with the maintainers.

Where to send that? In case someone who can do something with the
information reads here, it's below.

Unfortunately I didn't read this until now:
"Right now, the list pretty much unmaintained and likely contains
outdated information. We will move this list over to the Free Software
Directory  soonish."
because when you click on "Core" on the navigation panel, the top of the
projects page is already scrolled out the browser window. But I think
the information is also valuable for the Directory.

Please CC me.

Greetings,
Thomas

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/gnu-guile-projects.html

Here are the results:

guile-gtk
   was: http://www.ping.de/sites/zagadka/guile-gtk/
   is:  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gtk/

galway
   was: http://erin.netpedia.net/
   is: Seems to have disappeared.

gush
   was: http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/gush/
   is: dead. ttn pointed me to Gordon Matzigkeit, and Gordon said
that                    the entry should be deleted.

(net http)
   was: http://evan.prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us/software/net-http/
   is: disappeared...
        I figured that because the whole *san-francisco.ca.us is
        unreachable, the mail adress address@hidden
        would not work, too. So I left a note on his WikiTravel UserTalk
        page, which he apparently visits often, but he did not answer.
        http://www.wikitravel.org/en/article/\
                User_talk:Evan#Looking_for_(net_http)_(guile)

ScIRC
   was: http://forcix.cx/scirc.html
   is: dead.
        I mailed forcer, and he told me
        "ScIRC is dead and buried, and that for quite some time now
        (my old copy here is from 1998!). Feel free to delete the
        entry."

scwm
   was: http://scwm.mit.edu/
   is: no website found, but the (apparently) latest distribution can
        be found here:
        http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/project/windowmgr/src/scwm-0.9/