Re: Guile standard library, take 2 ("Arch")

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Guile standard library, take 2 ("Arch")
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:23:30 +0100

Richard Todd <address@hidden> writes:

>  > So, now for the organizational part: Richard, you mentioned a savannah
>  > project. AFAICS, there is nothing like that yet. For starting the
>  > archive, I'd like to have the latest code of your guile-library and a
>  > general OK to start things the Arch way.
>
> I myself am a big tla fan, so I think it's a great idea.  FWIW in
> january when I was pushing for a std lib, I got the impression that
> what I wanted to offer was not really in line with what people
> wanted. Between that, a deluge of work, and the fact that Savannah
> never got back to me, the project's been on hold.  I have no problem
> whatsoever if you'd like to push it forward, and absorb what I had
> done.

Fine.

> There is a little more code than the last public release I had
> made...I'll see about sending you that later today.

Since you are an Arch user, I'd prefer using that for code exchange,
i.e. once I have the archive ready, you branch off the --std category
and add your code. I can't really tell when the archive will be ready,
since I'm currently think about a way to conviniently integrate Arch's
build-config and automake, so you can pull (parts of) the library into
your project and distribute it with that, whith autodetection if the
parts you need are already installed, in which case the installed ones
will be used (that's very brief and rough, but I hope you get the
idea).

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

If atheism is a religion, then health is a disease. -- Clark Adams