Re: updated broken links on guile project pages

From: Thomas Kappler
Subject: Re: updated broken links on guile project pages
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:45:44 +0100

Marius Vollmer wrote:

[Updating links of guile-using projects]
Excellent!

Thanks, nice to know it's valued.

Errm, my plan was to use the Free Software Dictionary at

    http://www.gnu.org/directory/

as the place to collect information about Guile projects.  I asked
them to create some categories for us, but this hasn't happened yet.
No answers to repeated requests either.  (The last email is attached
below, in case you want to join the process.)

That's not the first the time I hear about this unresponsiveness of the GNU webmasters.

An alternative idea would be to migrate the whole thing to a Wiki. Then every developer using guile could enter information about the project and update it. Of course discipline in such tasks varies among developers, but at least the burden would be taken away from the guile people, and the up-to-dateness of an entry could be seen as a measure of the project's activeness.

Just a suggestion. Unfortunately I can offer hardly any help because I never set up a Wiki and also have a quite tight schedule.

Please CC me, I'm not on the list.
Greetings,
Thomas