Archive of Guile standard library available

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Archive of Guile standard library available
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:38:36 +0100

Hi!

I've now checked-in the Guile library (0.1) tarball into my guile-2004
archive[0]. I've done some slight modifications on the source (mostly
re-indenting; could we agree not to exceed 80 chars/line, when
possible?). I also switched the buildsystem to Tom Lord's
package-framework, mainly because it

1) lowers maintainance costs (less Makefile changes)

2) allows for easily shipping guile-lib with your project (assuming
   that project uses package-framework as well): You just build a
   config[1] like this:

./src                   address@hidden/package-framework--devo--1.0
./src/itla              address@hidden/itla--devo--0.1
./src/guile-lib         address@hidden/guile-lib--head--0.1

  Then, your users just have to build-config that, and are equipped
  with the version of guile-lib you specified; which might be a
  not-yet-released one.

I hope I don't get flamed for not using automake ;), but I think it's
very important for the sucess of guile-lib that developers can easily
ship it with and integrate it into their projects.

[0] http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/guile-2004/
[1] http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/multi-tree-projects.html

Andi
--