debugging

From: Brian S McQueen
Subject: debugging
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have been using guile to handle the logic of a project (also to make the
project fun).  Anyway, I needed to do a bit of debugging yesterday, and I
decided to finally try to figure out the guile debugging tools.  I think I
found the right stuff, but I am puzzled by the results.  Near the top of
my guile script I put:

(debug-enable 'backtrace)
(debug-enable 'debug)
(debug-enable 'trace)

This seemed to do nothing.  What am I missing?

I was hoping for a stack dump or syntax error reporting.  For some reason
I get no diagnostic information at all from my embedded scheme
interpreter, but the command line guile has plenty of diagnostic
information.  How do I get this diagnostic information into my embedded
interpreter?

Brian McQueen
NAS Division
NASA/Ames