Re: debugging comments

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: debugging comments
Date: 16 Apr 2004 19:51:04 +0100

Brian S McQueen <address@hidden> writes:

> This list has been quiet lately.  I would still like to hear some comments
> about the use and control of the debugging features in the embedded
> interpreter.  I noticed that one other person had seconded me on that.

Hi Brian,

There are a lot of new debugging features in CVS Guile, which you
might like to take a look at.  Documentation starting points would be
the "Debugging Features" node of the CVS manual, and the file
use/debugging.text in the Guile CVS workbook; the relevant code is
ice-9/debugger* and emacs/gds*.  However ...

- this is CVS, so not in the released (1.6.x) Guile

- it's incomplete (although possibly useful in simple cases)

- almost all the recent work was done by me, and I'm now out of
  circulation as far as serious work is concerned (because of a new
  baby), so it needs someone else to take it up and finish it off.

Please let me know if this looks interesting for your purposes or if
you have any follow-on questions.

        Neil