Re: Packaging a guile-enabled binary

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: Packaging a guile-enabled binary
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 13:52:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Mike Gran wrote:

> Where's the best place for the Guile script? Best, in this case, means
> most foolproof for the the desktop user that is going to download the
> program as a pre-compiled package.  Dot file?  In the library?  Is
> there a "right" way or a "standard"?

I'd drop them in /usr/local/share/program-name/foo.scm, but I'm
just following unix convention and I use the auto-tools to make
this user configurable. If your user is going to keep them in
their homedirectori then usually you can create a .prognamerc and
a direcotry .progname for files.

Can you distribute a program linked to guile in binary only? I
just checked guile-1.6.x is under the GPL and not LGPL so I don't
see how this is possible, unless you're meeting some of the other
requirements of the GPL.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F