[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Guile-PG 0.91 - what am I doing wrong?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Guile-PG 0.91 - what am I doing wrong?
Date: 04 Jun 2004 11:02:54 -0400
User-agent: Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.3

  The build went OK, and the install _seemed_ to - turns out (after a
  couple of hours of reading manuals, poking around in the system, etc.)
  that 'make install' put the libs in '/site' *not*
  /usr/local/lib/guile/site, and the scripts in /database *not* in

Try 'make check' in the build dir.

  OK, fine, let's move them to where they should have been, and update my
  GUILE_LOAD_PATH to point to /usr/local/share/guile/site, my
  "/usr/local/pgsql/lib:/usr/local/lib/guile/site".  (I also tried with
  "/usr/local/lib/guile/site/database" with the same dismal results).

Looking at auto* stuff, it seems the install is trying to put bits in
sensible places but ending up with bad paths, I think because it is
using a ttn-1.4 added config feature.  I got the same problems as you
with 0.19.

I just tried 0.16 again, and had to add -R/usr/pkg/lib to
config.status's pq lib line to get rpath in the
installed by guile-pg.  I also has to add (current-module) to the eval
in the lo check script.  Then 'make check' worked.

This is with guile 1.6.4 on NetBSD currentish with pg 7.3.4.

        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]