Re: guile-lib things

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-lib things
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:09:44 +0100

Hi Neil,

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 22:42 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> One other thought that I don't believe has been covered...
>
> What is wrong with just this?
>
> ;;; GUILE-LIB copyright block
>
> (define-module (ssax)
>   #:export (...))
>
> (load "upstream/ssax.scm")

I like it. I don't know why this didn't occur to me.

This also allows documentation, in the form of commentaries, and as the
'documentation object property. A support macro would be nice, something
like (define-docs var docs) or so.

The only problem I see with this is if there are guile-specific
optimizations relevant to a package. Then you have to maintain a set of
private diffs. But that's not so much maintainance.

(BTW, I think ssax is part of a family of sxml processing tools produced
by oleg&co, so I call it (sxml ssax). Seems reasonable. But no
non-ssax.sf.net projects should go there.)

Thanks for the input, yo.
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/