Re: (slightly OT) Dynamic link w/o *.h [was: Guile questions]

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: (slightly OT) Dynamic link w/o *.h [was: Guile questions]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:55:34 -0500

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 12:01:18PM +0200, address@hidden was heard to remark:
> pondering for a while about `glueless bindings' myself (along the
> lines: if gdb can do that... -- but gdb uses the source plus
> debugging info: I'd be happy to get that, and you seem to be even

I thought (and might be wrong) that the function signatures are in
the debug (-g) info in the .o (the gnu elf 'stabs'), and that the
source wasn't needed.  Not so?  I wonder if 'objdump' already knows
this: this would imply that the ability to get the signatures is
already in a gas library, vastly simplifying your task.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <address@hidden>