strange mkstemp! behavior

From: Maarten Grachten
Subject: strange mkstemp! behavior
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:24:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hi guile people,

in 1.6.4, but also in 1.7.1 (didn't try others)  there seems to be
something wrong when using mkstemp! several times after another like this:

(define (look-at-this x)
        (let ((name "/tmp/XXXXXX"))
                (write-line name)
                (mkstemp! name)))

(map look-at-this '(1 2 3))

shows:

/tmp/XXXXXX
/tmp/8rDXlK
standard input:2255:17: In procedure mkstemp! in expression (mkstemp!
name):
standard input:2255:17: Invalid argument
ABORT: (system-error)

So it seems that the variable name is not rebound to the value specified
in let. I am aware that mkstemp! writes into the string provided as an
argument, but I suppose that the value changed by mkstemp! should not
persist through different calls of the function. Am I wrong?

Any reaction much appreciated.

Maarten Grachten