Keywords and dash symbols

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Keywords and dash symbols
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:00:29 +0200

Hi,

keywords are currently implemented in a strange way (motivated by the
Tcl/Tk bindings of yore, I think): they refer to a symbol and that
symbol must start with a dash '-', which is not part of the keyword
name.

I want to change this, so that the dash is no longer present.  That
will make the procedures make-keyword-from-dash-symbol and
keyword-dash-symbol inefficient and unmotivated, and I would be
inclined to deprecate them.

Does anyone use the dashness of keyword symbols?  Would you like to
keep the current arrangement?