Re: threads in 1.7.1

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: threads in 1.7.1
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:09:26 -0400

Thanks for the response, Neil.  I'll have a go at implementing it.

Regarding the disappearance of coop threads: a cursory look through
the Guile source seems to indicate that mvo implemented the Pthread
stuff as a sort of plugin to the thread-handling code, so that you
could probably add a coop-threading implementation, based on, say, the
wonderful GNU Pth library, and you select which you wanted to use at
compile time (or even at runtime, with some rewriting).  Of course,
the behavior of your Scheme code would be dramatically different,
depending on the threading paradigm, and people might not like that
idea.