Installation path of application modules?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Installation path of application modules?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:59:27 +0200

Hey all,

I was wondering. Should applications install their guile modules into
the global directory (${prefix}/share/guile/site)? Right now I'm
installing them to ${prefix}/share/${myprog}, which means I have to hack
on a myprog.in file, then have sed magic to "link" the app to the right
load path. It works pretty good, but I see that python apps normally
install to the global path.

Thoughts? Does it matter?
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>