Re: how to invoke the emacs interface for guile 1.7

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: how to invoke the emacs interface for guile 1.7
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:19:11 +0100

I recently wrote:

GDS started as an extension of cmuscheme.el, but moved away from that as I tried to take more things into account, the two main things being:

- how do you interact with and debug a Guile application that doesn't have a command line (such as Gnucash), or which has a command line that doesn't speak Scheme? [...]

For those interested: I've realized that the debugging side of GDS (in other words, an Emacs frontend to the Guile debugger) would be a lot more useful with two changes:

1. if it was split off and made independent from the stuff to do with initiating evaluations

2. if it was available as an add-on for the 1.6 series.

So that's now my plan. Any thoughts welcome as usual.

Regards,
Neil