GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED

From: David Pirotte
Subject: GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:51:08 +0100

i'd like to set the GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED variable within the program
itself, for exemple because if a debug variable is #t, I could set it
to detailed, and if not to "no"

but my guile 'program' (script) does seem to only listen to these
variables when they are 'manually' set before to call it, otherwise
they seem to be set, but probably not in the right environment?

here is my script, the beginning of it:

        #!/bin/sh
        # -*- scheme -*-
        # make process copied from photoblogger
        ( cd `dirname $0` && make `basename $0` >/dev/null ) || exit
        exec guile-gnome-0 -e main -s $0 "$@"
        !#

        (use-modules (ice-9 format))

        (setenv "LANG" "address@hidden")
        (setenv "GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED" "no")

        (define *debug-mode* #f)
        (define *version* 0.1)

        (define (main args)
          (primitive-eval '(use-modules (prospects)))
          (prospects-init)

          (cond
           (*debug-mode*
            ;; it would be nice to set (prospects) as the current module, but
            ;; it would probably create heisenbugs.
            (load-user-init)
            (primitive-eval '(use-modules (gnome gtk graphical-repl)))
            (guile-gtk-repl))
           (else
            (primitive-eval '(use-modules (gnome glib)))
            (g-main-loop-run (g-main-loop-new)))))

but guile is always displaying the message

        Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
        variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
        program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
        this message.

unless I set GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED manually in the xterm form where I
launch the script

thanks
david