Re: GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:13:44 +0100

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:08:26 +0000
Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:

> What do you see with GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED=detailed?  (In other words,
> which part of your program is producing the warnings?)

here it is:

        `scm_sysintern0' is deprecated. Use `scm_define' instead.
        `scm_protect_object' is deprecated. Use `scm_gc_protect_object' instead.

but i know that it comes from :use-module (database postgres), which is a
kind of obsolate version, deliberatly used until i have time to upgrade
to a more recent version of it.

the question i had is more related to why is the variable
GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED only 'working' when manually set and not when
set within the guile program itself?

as i said, i'd like to recieve the deprecated info only when i set a *debug*
variable, but my users shouldn't see anything

thanks
david