Re: GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:56:40 +0100

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:48:28 +0100
Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:

> perhaps you can use a shell-script header that sets
> env vars prior to invoking the guile interpreter:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> foo=bar
> export foo
> exec ${GUILE-guile} -s $0
> !#

hum, really too bad because the arg analysis has then to be written
in shell, where you propose the setting, exactly what I'm trying to avoid

but why is this so impossible to control behavior of a 'guile
variable' within guile itself? why guile isn't listening to my
setting? is this a module/environment limitation?