Re: g-wrap - apt-get installs 2 different versions ?

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: g-wrap - apt-get installs 2 different versions ?
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:55:56 +0100

David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi guilers,
>
> just upgraded all debian guile packages, and I'd like to ge trid of
> my manually installed ones, since there is no more reason now.
>
> a quick look to the /usr/share/guile tells me that we have 2 g-wrap
> directories, an g-wrap.scm files (see below).
>
> dates show that the version in /usr/share/guile/site is more recent.
>
> should it not be taken care of by package developpers? here are the
> packages installed on my deb box:

The one in /usr/share/guile/site is from the new (1.9.3) G-Wrap
package (which is not yet in Debian, still stuck in NEW). To find out
where those files belong:

% dpkg -S /usr/share/guile/site/g-wrap.scm
g-wrap: /usr/share/guile/site/g-wrap.scm
% dpkg -S /usr/share/guile/g-wrap.scm
libgwrapguile1: /usr/share/guile/g-wrap.scm

g-wrap conflicts with libgwrapguile-dev, but not libgwrapguile1 (so it
can be parallel-install with e.g. GnuCash, which requires
libgwrapguile1). Those files in fact should be in libgwrapguile-dev,
as they are not needed at runtime; since the old G-Wrap package has no
maintainer ATM, and will be removed from the distribution pretty soon
anyway, this is unlikely to happen, and doesn't matter much, as
/usr/share/guile/site/ precedes /usr/share/guile/ in the %load-path.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

It's *GNU*/Linux dammit!