Re: Some introductory docs about C level threading

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Some introductory docs about C level threading
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:34:02 +1100

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

>    The libguile functions themselves have many such safe points.
> Consequently, you must be prepared for arbitrary actions anytime you
> call a libguile function.

I'd like to see a few explicitly run signals.  Eg. scm_raise so the
handler (if any) gets run before scm_raise returns.  Or
write-string/partial, so a possible SIGPIPE handler is run before that
function returns.  (Perhaps everywhere doing a write().)

Basically if an scm func does something we know might raise a signal,
allow that to run before the func returns.

I suspect eval means handlers run before anything else happens in a
scheme program, usually, but it'd be nice if C code calling scm_'s got
the same effect.