Re: Some introductory docs about C level threading

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Some introductory docs about C level threading
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:26:55 +1100

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Why?

I'm thinking that you build a list structure or whatever, then plonk
it somewhere other threads can access it.  When another thread can see
that final store, you'd like it to see all the stores that preceded it
which built the structure.

Maybe that's too optimistic, but at the scheme level I think it's what
you'd like to end up with, ie. data usable from any thread without
special transfers or syncs.