Re: problem with srfi-1 when loading from the command line

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: problem with srfi-1 when loading from the command line
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

Rick-

Tried it out.  I agree that it doesn't work, just as you described.

I was able to verify that the problem isn't in the order that things
are being defined.  The normal "list-index" gets defined first and then
the srfi-1 "list-index" gets defined later.

Once the guile prompt comes up, "list-index", "map-in-order",
"for-each" and a bunch of other srfi-1 overwritten functions get
un-overwritten for some reason.  Don't know why.  Something about then
environment of the script being different from the environment of the
guile prompt?

Here's a workaround...  Call the following file with "guile -s tmp.scm"
instead of "guile -l tmp.scm"

---
;; tmp.scm

(use-modules
        (srfi srfi-1)
        (oop goops)
        (ice-9 rdelim)
        (ice-9 pretty-print))

(scm-style-repl)
---

The "scm-style-repl" kicks off a new guile prompt in which the commands
at the prompt have the same environment as the script.  list-index
should then work as expected.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike Gran