Guile-PG 0.28 available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Guile-PG 0.28 available
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:23:07 +0200

release notes:

  now watch postgresql go and change their parser...

  thi

README excerpt:

  Guile-PG is a collection of modules for Guile allowing access to
  the PostgreSQL RDBMS from Scheme programs.

  The low-level module `(database postgres)' provides an almost
  one-to-one correspondence with the PostgreSQL "libpq" C library
  interface.  Other higher-level modules, typically named
  `(database postgres-FOO)', provide abstractions and convenience
  procedures.

  This is alpha code (pre 1.0 release).  It has bugs, and the
  interfaces may change from version to version.

NEWS excerpt:

  - 0.28 | 2005-05-09

    - Bugfix: array reference handling in (database postgres-qcons)

        To guard against column names that might also be SQL keywords
        (for example "desc") confusing the PostgreSQL parser, symbols
        are normally double-quoted.  Previously, the unique exception
        was for symbols that include a table name.  Now, quoting is also
        inhibited when array reference syntax is detected.  For example,
        for the expression:

        (or (= state "ok")
            (= my.state "ok")
            (= states[1] "ok"))

        Before: "state" = 'ok' OR my.state = 'ok' OR "states[1]" = 'ok'
        Now:    "state" = 'ok' OR my.state = 'ok' OR states[1] = 'ok'

    - FSF street address updated in copyright notices

cvs tag:

  v-0-28

tarball, anoncvs instructions, docs, and other files in dir:

  http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/guile-pg/