Re: Guile

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Guile
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:54:13 -0700 (PDT)

Angelyn-

Hi.  Installing programs from the source can be confusing if you don't
have much experience with it.

Before you try installing from source, you should check to see if your
version of GNU/Linux (or whatever operating system you are using) has a
ready-to-install version.  If you are using Redhat or Debian or
whatever, check with them first to see if they have a ready-to-install
pre-compiled version.  Most versions of Linux have Guile packages that
are ready to go.

There is no graphical installer delivered with Guile.  Your operating
system might have a graphical installer available, but, you need to
check there first.

Thanks,

Mike