Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:58:36 +1000

Vorfeed Canal <address@hidden> writes:

> Easy: there are no easy
> way to install two snaphots of GUILE side-by-side. So such a need is
> quite real (unless development will be frozen totally).

The developers manage.  Even I manage to run 3 versions.

[guile-gnome env var setups]
> is *NOT* a good solution.

It doesn't seem terrific to me either.  scm files outside any known
location will have to have a load-path addition, but after that it
oughtn't need to mung LD_LIBRARY_PATH for private C code.  The
author/current-maintainer of guile-gnome is a smart guy and may have
concluded it's enough for normal install, including debian packages.