Re: problems running guile

From: Vorfeed Canal
Subject: Re: problems running guile
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:32:24 +0400

On 10/18/05, Shelagh Manton <address@hidden> wrote:

> Updateing lilypond using the autopackager must have corrupted the previous
> installation of guile. This solved the problem, but of course I don't know
> how or why :)

Noone knows this with autopackage. This ugly thing was developed as
"InstallShit raplacement for *nix". It's so easy to install software
in Windows world - why in linux it must be different ? Let's ignore
will of distribution creators and make everything just like in
Windows: any autopackage can corrupt anything in your system and
you'll never know what exactly - but this is minor price to pay, right
?

To me this is major price to pay and I *never* use autopackage but YMMV.

http://www.kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/autopackage_designed_by_monkeys-2005-03-28-14-20.html