Re: Modified load-path proposal

From: Tomas Zerolo
Subject: Re: Modified load-path proposal
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:20:34 +0100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 10:48:43AM +1100, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > In the init.d approach [...]

> What advantage is this over putting a symlink in /usr/share/guile/site
> to point to this alternate location?

Something similar to what the /etc/init.d thing provides: there is a
place where the third-party package can put bits of knowledge about its
installation the sysadmin can look into (a symlink is too small :)

> What is the wherever/my/scheme/files/are directory likely to be?
> Guile library packages wouldn't be sprayed randomly across all four
> corners of the disk would they?

Well, no -- but it's likely that different distros have diverging ideas
about where third-party guile-using packages go.

Regards
-- tomás