Re: new slib and guile 1.6.7

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: new slib and guile 1.6.7
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 07:16:48 +1100

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> You are right, but if you object to going from what we have to what I
> posted, I don't see your point.

I was hoping the issue could be killed for good, ie. impervious to
anything guile.init might do in the future :-).

> slib needs to define the API that guile.init has to provide for
> users for slib.

I suspect it's not that formal, but rather the init files are only
those bits which have turned out to vary between supported schemes.
The last change for instance moved bits out of the common files into
the init files.

> (define base:define define)
> (define define
>   (procedure->memoizing-macro
>    (lambda (exp env)
>      (cons (if (= 1 (length env)) 'define-public 'base:define) (cdr exp)))))
>
> which I think results in all the defines in the file being
> define-public.

Yes, for top-level defines.  Dunno what that's actually meant to do
though.

Incidentally the test seems to fail in the guile cvs, different
implementation of env or something.