RE: Template file processor

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: RE: Template file processor
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:51:19 -0800

Neil wrote:
> Following the recent thread about Bruce's AutoGen, I thought it might
> be of interest to post my template processor implementation, so here
> it is.

Hi Neil, et al.,

That is useful and handy and a convenient representation for generating
a text file that has computed fragments.  To be clear, though, that is not
exactly the prime motivation behind my program.  :)  It is rather the
separation of a template that describes the output file from the data
used to drive the instantiation.  e.g. in my "trivial example", these
data:

> autogen definitions list;
> list = { list_element = alpha;
>          list_info    = "some alpha stuff"; };
> list = { list_info    = "more beta stuff";
>          list_element = beta; };
> list = { list_element = omega;
>          list_info    = "final omega stuff"; };

are used with a template to produce these two output files,
a "list.h":

> typedef enum {
>         IDX_ALPHA,
>         IDX_BETA,