Re: Why won't this extension load?

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Why won't this extension load?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:53:23 -0500

On Dec 13, 2005, at 11:01, Steve Juranich wrote:
I'm fooling around trying to learn the Guile API.  I'm following the
example in the source distribution of v1.6.7.

I've got a simple little C++ file (please try to ignore the bad style
as it's not relevant to the problem at hand) that goes like this:

C++ "mangles" function names to express the argument types as well. GNU "nm -C" will reverse this, so when you see:

So as a sanity check I run...
prompt$ nm -C libtest.so | grep scm_init
00000b34 T scm_init_test()

... the symbol name in the file is *not* "scm_init_test". Run this command without the "-C" to see what the real symbol name is.

If you add

  extern "C" void scm_init_test();

before the definition I think everything will work.

Ken