Re: Guile for Maemo / Nokia 770

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Guile for Maemo / Nokia 770
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:08:45 +0000

Zeeshan Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> Were you building 1.6, or 1.7/CVS?
>
>    IIRC, it was 1.7. I really need to do it again to be sure on what
>    happend.

That's interesting, I tried to build CVS and hit a problem running
./configure:

checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... no
configure: error: libltdl not found.  See README.

Is there an easy fix for this?

(I believe this arises from the following lines in configure.in:

AC_CHECK_LIB([ltdl], [lt_dlinit], ,
  [AC_MSG_ERROR([libltdl not found.  See README.])])
)

>> Oh, that's nice, I didn't think of that.  How do you make the normal
>> Debian .debs install to the right location, though?  Presumably the
>> Debian .debs install with prefix /usr, and I thought that Maemo
>> required some odd prefix like /var/lib/install?
>
>    If you use the application installer, yes! I didn't use the
> application installer to install the packages so there was no problem
> at all. Thanks for pointing this out, i think this might produce some
> problems.
>
>> (Also, if the Debian .debs work out of the box, why did you try to
>> build in scratchbox, out of interest?)
>
>    The same reason you aske the question, 'curiosity' :)

A fine reason indeed.  Thanks for explaining.

Regards,
     Neil