Re: uniform-array-read!

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: uniform-array-read!
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:01:44 +0800

[...]

>>    guile> (uniform-array-read! a (open-input-string (string #\001 #\002
>> #\003)))
>>
>> The second argument for uniform-array-read! is a string. In my codes, i
>> tried to read binary data, precisely, a network packet. Does this
>> matter?
>
> The second argument is an input port, not a string: `open-input-string'
> returns an input port, like `open-input-file'.

Hmm, then what could be the problem here.. I can do uniform-array-write
to that `sockfd'. And by using some network sniffer, i see the packet
successfully sent to the server, and also the packet sent from the
server. But uniform-array-read! won't read out the packet sent from
server.

any way to look into or trace, uniform-array-read! ?

--
William