Re: doc bug: object property `name'

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: doc bug: object property `name'
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:49:45 +0200

Jon Wilson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
> In the guile manual (at
> "http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-ref/Object-Properties.html#Object%20Properties";),
> in the second paragraph, we see
>
>   "For example, all procedures have a `name' property, which stores
>   the name of the variable in which the procedure was stored by a
>   define expression, or #f if the procedure wasn't created by that
>   kind of expression."
>
> But I can't find any way to get at that `name' property.

Right.  I removed that confusing paragraph.  (In CVS, but not on the
web.  Anybody? :-)

> Not that I need to, I'm just curious.  Does this name property
> exist?  If so, how do we access it?

You can get it with 'procedure-property' but not with the procedures
described in the section where you found the paragraph.

    guile> (procedure-property load 'name)
    load-module

We could clean up our many property interfaces...