Re: searching: example of C extension implementing port

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: searching: example of C extension implementing port
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:45:41 +0100

>"Marco Maggi" <address@hidden> writes:
>> If, dunno when, I come up with a simple example channel
>> implementation: is there an "official" place where I can
>> put it?
>I don't think so.  Well, depends on what you mean by
>"official" I guess.  ;-)  And BTW, what do you mean
>by "channel"?

I come from TCL:

* in the TCL world it is known that the sample
  extension is a module in the CVS repository of
  the TCL core project at SourceForge; if one goes
  to the TCL'ers Wiki and does a search he quickly
  finds it;

* in the TCL world a channel is a generalisation
  of Guile ports; not only it does I/O on file,
  sockets and memory (strings), but channels can be
  stacked to do compression, encryption, etc.

With TCL a channel is somewhat complex because: there
is also the event loop to take into account; so simpler
stacking is what I'm trying to do in a C only library and
I would like to build an interface for Guile.

  If someone wants to take a look at what I've done so
far (it is only half written, it is tough to do reverse
engineering):

http://web.tiscali.it/marcomaggi/tmp/gee--alpha--0.1.tar.gz

--
Marco Maggi

"They say jump!, you say how high?"
Rage Against the Machine - "Bullet in the Head"