Newbie trying to use/install on Fedora 5

From: Olwe Bottorff
Subject: Newbie trying to use/install on Fedora 5
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

I've apparently got basic guile (1.6.7) on my new
Fed5, but it can't see/find anything else such as
guile-config or libguile.h or, or, or....i.e., can't
follow along with the "book" on embedding guile in C.

Next tried to install a new version (1.8) but the
./configure complains:

configure: error: libltdl not found.  See README.

I supposedly have libtools 1.5.22... on my machine.
Any ideas? I could really use a basic install gameplan
for this Fedora thingy, a non-Debian Linux.

Olwe