Re: idea: create module

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: idea: create module
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:51:20 -0500

Hi Thien and Neil,
Those both sound like good solutions. However, I was thinking of something within the language itself, rather than something outside, like emacs. This is partly because I don't use emacs, myself, and I am not particularly familiar with its capabilities versus vim. Heck, I'm not sufficiently familiar with vim's capabilities, either, regardless that I use it every day.

I still think that something within the language would be useful, but perhaps I'm the only one, and thus should write it myself. :-p Thanks for the good ideas, though!
Regards,
Jon

Neil Jerram wrote:
"Jon Wilson" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,
I just had a random idea, and thought I'd run it by y'all.  What if you
could compose modules from the REPL, and then write them to a file?

Or alternatively you could write some Emacs Scheme mode support to
allow you to evaluate definitions and expressions as you are writing
... which is what the "gds" stuff in my guile-debugging package does.

(Or at least aims to do; please let me know if you try it out and find
that it doesn't work for you.)

Regards,
    Neil