Re: potential memory leak in do loop

From: stephane chatigny
Subject: Re: potential memory leak in do loop
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 09:32:54 -0400

Thanks Kevin,

Does a Unix command like "pmap PID" could help me to determine if there
is a memory leak in the process?

I have run the program for 24hrs and the memory usage seems to be
constant at ~28-30Mb. It usually takes 36hrs to generate the bug, I will
wait and see if the memory usage remains constant.

regards
Stef

Kevin Ryde a écrit :
Stephane Chatigny <address@hidden> writes:
(although I have not tracked the memory usage yet).

You'll probably have to use one of the various malloc debugging
packages to find who has allocated the memory that's never freed, to
see who's supposed to be responsible for that.