Re: Guile code for L-system

From: Dave Griffiths
Subject: Re: Guile code for L-system
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:16:16 +0100 (BST)

> I want to write in Guile the code implementing these following rewriting
> rules, which are taken from L-system rewriting (from Lindenmayer's
> "Algorithmic beauty of plants")
>
> Axiom a
> a -> b
> b -> ab
>
> So, it should be create these lists
>
> `(a) `(b) `(a b) `(b a b) `(a b b a b)  `(b a b a b b a b)
>
> You may notice that the lists' length are Fibonacci's number.

I don't know if you are asking, but I have some code to do this (with
strings rather than lists though) here:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/livenoisetools/livenoisetools/pattern-cascade/lsys.scm?view=markup

I've been using it to generate music for live performaces. FWIW I've
written this code in C++, python and now scheme, which has turned out to
be a lot more elegant, as usual :)

cheers,

dave