Re: Compile issues for 1.8.0 on Solaris 10

From: Charles Gagnon
Subject: Re: Compile issues for 1.8.0 on Solaris 10
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:30:56 -0400

Thanks Neil. Any ETA the next release?

Can you let know when acinclude.m4 is fixed in the CVS, I'll give it
a try.

I'll double-check but I thought alloca was declerad in alloca.h on
Solaris 10.

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 10:37:20PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Charles Gagnon <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
> > I got guile-1.8.0 to compile on my Solaris 10 box with gcc 3.4.3 but
> > I had to fix a few things first:
> >
> > 1. I had to replace the "-pthread" option in all the Makefile with
> >    "-pthreads". I think this is just a Linux vs Solaris thing, one
> >    gcc uses pthread and the other pthreads. -pthread reports invalid
> >    option.
>
> Thanks.  This seems to be an issue in our ACX_PTHREAD definition (in
> acinclude.m4), which has been fixed in the latest version on
> http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to, so I'll update our acinclude.m4 to
> use the latest version.
>
> > 2. per BIll Schottstaet (reported for 1.7.91), I changed filesys.c
> >    around line 860 cause I was getting an error in function
[...]
> This code has since changed in CVS (both HEAD and the 1.8.x branch),
> so I think that means this problem has been fixed and will be OK in
> the next 1.8.x release.
>
> > 3.  I also removed -Werror from libguile/Makefile cause I was getting:
[...]
> Where is alloca() declared in Solaris 10?  Is it in <malloc.h>?  If it
> is, we already have the fix for this in place, so it will be in the
> next release.
[...]

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
http://unixrealm.com             | do not represent those of anybody

   Why do they put Braille on the drive thru bank machines?
        -- Dennis Miller