Scsh is not GUSH

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Scsh is not GUSH
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:09:31 -0400 (EDT)

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic =?iso-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?=)
>
> Hi,
>
> Does any old-time Guile user have a copy of GUSH (GNU User's Shell)?
> I contacted its author, Michael FIG (aka. Gordon Matzigkeit), but he
> couldn't find the source.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludovic.

Hi, I have been subscribed to this list, with some techical
lapses, since about the middle of 1998, that probably makes
me old-time, but I never use Guile, and I have no copy of GUSH.

I was about to advise you to port SCSH to Guile and say it
is GUSH.  To that end I checked the Scsh FAQ for licence and
copyright issues, and found there this text:

> There is also a near-complete port of scsh to the Guile interpreter
> by Gary Houston, which you can access by cvsweb at
> http://subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/guile/guile-scsh/.
> It needs the `guilerxspencer' and `rxspencer' packages,
>  available at http://arglist.com/guile/.

The Scsh FAQ came up about third from the top in a Google
search for "scsg scheme shell".

--
     -- Keith Wright  <address@hidden>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>