Re: scm_shell in gui

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: scm_shell in gui
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:44:53 -0500

Thanks to all, this looks helpful.

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi,

Jonathan Wilson <address@hidden> writes:

Is it possible to call scm_shell with different stdin and stdout?  The
primary purpose of this that I can see would be to run a guile shell
inside a text area of a gui or something like that.

I guess you can simply rebind the input/output ports:

  (set-current-input-port  the-gui-input-port)
  (set-current-output-port the-gui-output-port)
  (set-current-error-port  the-gui-error-port)

So you need the GUI toolkit to provide you with appropriate port
implementations in the first place (I don't know for sure but I guess
`guile-gtk' and `guile-gnome' provide a port abstraction for text-based
widgets).

Thanks,
Ludovic.