Re: Enabling Debugging

From: dave
Subject: Re: Enabling Debugging
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:53:48 +0100

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 10:13 +0300, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> On Jul 29 03:08, Clinton Ebadi wrote:
> > You should be able to put something like:
> >
> >     SCM_DEVAL_P = 1;
> >     SCM_RECORD_POSITIONS_P = 1;
> >     SCM_BACKTRACE_P = 1;
> >     SCM_RESET_DEBUG_MODE;
> >
> > Into your real_main (the one passed to scm_boot_guile). This will give
> > you debug output similar to the default debugging repl.
>
> I tried placing above 4 lines just before calling gh_eval_str_with_catch(),
> that's in the main_prog() invocated by gh_enter(). But scm_backtrace()
> still complains about "No backtrace available". Any other ideas?
>
> Also, may anybody suggest an example project that uses guile so I can
> take a look at its source code for debugging related stuff.

Hi Volkan,

I had to work through this a while back, and the problem I had was that
there are two types of error handler callback - one is called before the
stack is unwound, the other after. If you only set the error callback
for after the unwind there is no stack to do the debugging...

I think you can call gh_eval_str_with_stack_saving_handler() or using
the scm interface you can call scm_c_catch() which allows you to specify
both handlers.

cheers,

dave