Re: Need help finding heap corruption bug

From: Pat Lasswell
Subject: Re: Need help finding heap corruption bug
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:08:31 -0700

The goops failures are a side effect of a change I made to (initialize <generic> ...) so that adding a method to no-applicable-method wouldn't crash; the warning arises from the generic function having one method instead of none after define-generic is called.  There are details on bug-guile here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guile/2006-09/msg00002.html

It seems that char 254 doesn't behave as expected in regular expressions on this platform.

I backed out the change to initialize <generic> and make check lists only the two failures for regexps with char 254, but the same steps still corrupt the heap.

thanks
pat