Re: GDS does not support Emacs 23?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: GDS does not support Emacs 23?
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:48:40 +0100

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Seems it's caused by running two emacs sessions, thus two gds-server,
> resulting in "Address already in use" error.

Yes, that is a problem that isn't well handled at the moment.  I've
been thinking about this and have two possible solutions in mind.

1. (Easier) Change the GDS elisp code so that the gds-server process
   is only started when needed.  This would probably avoid most
   occurrences of the reported problem, because most users will
   probably do GDS stuff in just one Emacs session.

2. (Harder) Create a new GDS "broker" component to handle the
   possibility of multiple Emacs sessions running multiple
   gds-servers.

Any thoughts/preference?

Regards,
     Neil