Re: Manual revision?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Manual revision?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:06:42 +0100

Jon Wilson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> The manual for 1.8, at
> "http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/docs-1.8/guile-ref/Symbol-Props.html#index-symbol_002dpset_0021-883";,
> says the following:
>
>  >Support for these extra slots may be removed in a future release, and it
>  >is probably better to avoid using them. (In release 1.6, Guile itself uses
>  >the property list slot sparingly, and the function slot not at all.)
>
> My question is, what does guile 1.8 do, and does this need revision?

Guile 1.8 is the same as 1.6, except that the function slot is used by
the experimental Emacs Lisp support that Guile 1.8 has (to hold a
symbol's Lisp function value, as you'd probably guess).  It's still
true that you would be wise to use (make-object-property) instead,
though.

One possible revision would be just to delete the parenthesis.

Regards,
     Neil