Re: GOOPS: Customizing class instantiation

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: GOOPS: Customizing class instantiation
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:50:12 +0100

> In short, the lesson is: one should use `make-class' (although
> it's undocumented) rather than `(make <class> ...)' when instantiating a
> new class.

Apologies for not playing earlier, but for the record I agree that
this is the right answer.  The GOOPS code has make-xxx procedures that
can be used programmatically for all the important things (classes,
methods, generics etc.), and the define-xxx macros that we mostly use
are wrappers around these.

One final thought: recommend changing <my-class> to <my-metaclass> (if
you still need it, given make-class).

Regards,
     Neil