Guile Interpreter as a Standalone Server

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Guile Interpreter as a Standalone Server
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:00:35 +0300

Hi,

I need such a feature:

  /*
   * If there's an already running guile process in the background,
   * return it, otherwise create a new one and return new process.
   */
  interp = guile_interp(...);

With such a functionality, it'd be possible to

 - Parse & execute faster. (We won't need to create a new process
   everytime.)
 - Cache parse plans.
 - Use global variables that's accessible by any process using the
   same interpreter.

Is such a feature already supported by Guile? Can I achieve above 3
functionalities with using another method?

Regards.