Re: any news on 1.8 and slib?

From: John Steele Scott
Subject: Re: any news on 1.8 and slib?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:28:08 +1000

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:00:47 +0200, Andreas Köhler wrote:
> I treat this issue as showstopper, both for packagers of guile and users
> of gnucash wanting to use guile1.8. Maybe the guile community can come up
> with a solution quickly once it looks at it thoroughly.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot help you. I just wanted to state that there is
> still vital interest in guile1.8 and slib code cooperation :)

I don't know the answer, but I am interested in this issue insofar as it
leads to Debian packages being uploaded.

I noticed that Aubrey Jaffer announced slib3a4 last week on
comp.lang.scheme.

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/browse_thread/thread/92643dff8fec8c4d/1868e4ba976844c2?>

The news includes:

  From Kevin Ryde

    * guile.init: Fixed line-i/o in Guile >= 1.8.

Is this the fix which packagers have been waiting for?

cheers,

John